This Ham and Asparagus Pasta dish is a great way to use up leftover food from Easter and can be on the table in less than 30 minutes!
I hope that all of you had a fabulous Easter weekend! I had a bridal shower for a long-time friend on Saturday. I met my Mom there early and forced her to try some sushi for a light lunch before the shower. Thankfully she loved it and the shower was a blast as well!
On Sunday, we trekked back to my hometown to celebrate with my family. Emmy of course made the trip (shout out to her Aunt Amber for tolerating Emmy’s long nails when she got excited! I am sure she endured several scrapes but I am getting her nails trimmed tomorrow I swear!) The weather was absolutely amazing so we spent most of the day playing with all of the cousins outdoors.
One of my favorite parts of basically every holiday is the food, and this Easter was no exception! Is our family the only one that has three types of cheesy potatoes but only one dish of green bean casserole?! (I have an exceptional love of both but I don’t think I have ever seen my Dad or any of his brothers ever eat a green bean…) I attempted a new recipe that was a cream cheese no-bake pie and…it did not go well. That is always the downside of trying new recipes but luckily the good recipes greatly outnumber the bad ones. So I turned up to Easter with just a smile (and my adorable dog which makes people way happier than any pie would have). Also, there were approximately 18 desserts there so the pie was not missed!
This ham and asparagus pasta dish is a great way to use up any leftover ham that you have! Add a smoky twist to it by reheating the ham on the grill! Because char marks make everything taste better! The hardest part of making this dish is chopping up your veggies and meat so you’re welcome! Let’s be honest though, that isn’t that hard, but just sort of time consuming. (Shave time off by prepping your veggies on Sunday or the day before you actually make the meal!) This dish is not only a light and refreshing dish to have after food overload from Easter, but also a filling meal. This is important to me because I hate it when I eat supper and then by 8pm I am hungry again.
- 2.5 cups uncooked corkscrew or rotini pasta
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil, or coconut oil
- 6 oz ham, boneless and fully cooked, cubed
- ⅛ cup fresh parsley, minced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper, freshly ground
- ½ tbsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 1 lemon
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute asparagus and bell pepper in oil for approximately 3 minutes on medium heat. Add ham to veggie mix.
- Drain pasta and to veggie mix.
- Stir in seasonings, parsley and cheese.
- Zest lemon over the pasta mix and use the juice from ½ of the lemon over the top of the pasta mix.