You can make hundreds of dollars a year using Swagbucks with minimal effort on your part! This can help boost your savings for Christmas gifts, buy groceries for a month, or even pay for part of a Target trip 🙂 (Does anyone ever make it out of there with a bill of less than a couple hundred bucks?) Literally your options are endless on what you could be spending your Swagbucks rewards on!
If you aren’t familiar with Swagbucks, let me first tell you what it is.
What is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks.com is an online rewards program that will give you free gift cards and cash for completing online “tasks”. These tasks are watching videos, answering surveys, or using one of their deal recommendations. You can even get rewards for doing things that you normally do such as online searches or online shopping through some of your favorite retailers!
How Do I Sign Up for Swagbucks?
Have I convinced you to sign up? Go here to sign up and create an account for yourself! If not, keep reading!
How Do I Earn Money on Swagbucks?
Once you reach a certain number of points, you can redeem them for free gift cards to major retailers OR you can get cash back sent to your PayPal account.
To earn points simply complete any of the below tasks:
- Shop Online – You can get cash back for shopping at some of your favorite retailers (they currently have over 1,500 on their list including Amazon, Walmart, Target & Starbucks!). Not only do you get cashback on your purchases but Swagbucks also offers deals and coupons to those retailers too! This is one of my favorite ways to earn Swagbucks! I get points for making online purchases that I already planned on making. Literally no effort on my part! During the holidays they will run special deals and offer higher money back percentages on select retailers. They will run special deals like this throughout the year but they do most of it in December.
- Watch Videos – You literally earn points for watching videos. There are 16 categories of videos including entertainment, food, health, parenting & personal finance. When I am at home on my desktop computer, I will use a split screen and have the videos running on one side of my screen while I use the other half to work on other things. I use this method most frequently to earn points.
- Answer Surveys – Earn points when you complete surveys over topics that range from buying a new vehicle to your favorite brand of toothpaste. These are always changing! The surveys will show you approximately how long it will take to complete the survey and how many points each survey is worth.
- Discover Offers – Swagbucks has an entire section dedicated to deals that they have curated with well known brands. When you sign up for one of the recommended services or products, you will earn points.
- Search the Web – You can download their Swagbucks button (completely optional) or you can search directly through their website. Their search engine is powered by Yahoo so you know that it is powerful!
- Play Games – When you make in-game purchases through GSN games or if you play Swagbucks’ original free games you can earn points.
- Invite your friends and family to join Swagbucks and get free points when they sign up. Plus you get a small percentage of the points that they earn, for life!
- Daily To-Do List – There is a daily to-do list that gets refreshed every day. If you complete all of the tasks on the list then you will earn Bonus SB.
- Daily Goal – Each day Swagbucks will give you a daily goal for how many SB points you should try to earn. This goal is shown along the header.If you reach your goal then you will receive the Bonus SB that it shows. The example above shows that if you earn 70 SB in one day then you will receive an extra 7 SB as a bonus. There is a Second Daily Goal that will appear only after you have reached the first daily goal. The daily goal amounts will change every day. The bonus points that you get for completing your daily goals will be given to you at the beginning of the next month as one large lump that combines all of the month’s daily goal SBs earned.
What Can I Use my Swagbucks reward points for?
You can redeem your Swagbucks reward points for cash back to your Paypal account, donate it to a designated charity, enter the Swagstakes drawing or redeem points for gift cards to your favorite retailers.
Retailers where you can get gift cards from include Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, E-Bay, Starbucks, Home Depot, Sam’ Club and more! Swagbucks has an “On Sale” section of gift cards that are being offered for a discounted amount of points.
I keep all of my points until October and then I start getting gift cards to purchase this year Christmas presents. Save up points and cash them out when birthdays or weddings roll around and you might not have to pay out of pocket for a gift again!